Strange laws still in existance
You’d better brush up on your knowledge of the American legal system (if you live in America of course) or you could be in for a hefty fine without even realising it….
1. In Alabama, it’s illegal to have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at all times.
It’s time for Sharenator’s “Hottest Celebrity of 2021” contest!
Did your celebrity crush make the list? Find out now!
2. In California, nobody is allowed to ride a bicycle in a swimming pool.
3. In Maine it’s unlawful to tickle women under the chin with a feather duster.
4. In Utah, it’s illegal to walk down the street carrying a paper bag containing a violin.
5. In Rhode Island, no one is allowed to wear transparent clothing in public.
6. In Delaware, the police can arrest you if you wear pants that are ‘form-fitting’ around the waist.
7. In Tennessee, hollow logs may not be sold or face prison!
8. In Wisconsin, it’s illegal to serve apple pie in public restaurants without cheese.
9. In Texas, it’s illegal for children to have unusual haircuts.
10. In Kansas, it’s illegal to serve wine in teacups. Probably illegal in France too!
And here are my favourite ones from this website (no pictures for these)
Alabama – Dominoes may not be played on Sunday.
– You may not wear blue jeans down Noble Street.
-Men who deflower virgins, regardless of age or marital status, may face up to five years in jail.
Alaska – It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.
– Donkeys cannot sleep in bathtubs.
Arkansas – It’s strictly prohibited to pronounce “Arkansas” incorrectly
Florida – A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
– You may not kiss your wife’s breasts.
– Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
I wonder what the story behind that one was….
– It is considered an offence to shower naked.
Well that makes it hard
Hawaii – All residents may be fined as a result of not owning a boat.
Iowa – A man with a moustache may never kiss a woman in public.
– The “Ice Cream Man” and his truck are banned.
– One must obtain written permission from the City Council before throwing bricks into a highway.
Maine – You may not step out of a plane in flight.
– After January 14th you will be charged a fine for having your Christmas decorations still up.
Missouri – It is illegal to have oral sex.
New York – The penalty for jumping off a building is death.
– While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
– Slippers are not to be worn after 10:00 PM.
But that’s when you most need them!
– Pinball machines are not to be played on Sunday.
Pennsylvania – Motorized vehicles are not to be sold on Sundays.
– You may not catch a fish with your hands.
– You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.
Why they’re said in two different laws and not merged into the same one, i’ll never know
– Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.
– Dynamite is not to be used to catch fish.
Wow, these people are touchy about their fish
Tennessee – It is a crime to share your Netflix password.
– It is illegal to use a lasso to catch a fish.
More fish laws!
– The definition of “dumb animal” includes every living creature.
I guess that includes its citizens then
Washington – The harassing of Bigfoot, Sasquatch or other undiscovered subspecies is a felony punishable by a fine and/or imprisonment.
– X-rays may not be used to fit shoes.
But how will you know if they fit?
– It is illegal to pretend that one’s parents are rich.
– All lollipops are banned.
West Virginia – Whistling underwater is prohibited.
– It is legal for a male to have sex with an animal as long as it does not exceed 40 lbs.
– It is illegal to snooze on a train.
– One may not walk a lion, tiger or leopard, even on a leash.
Wyoming – Using a firearm to fish is strictly forbidden.
Shooting fish in a barrel isn’t as easy as you first thought
– You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit.