The Trivial Few (80:20)

The Trivial Few (80:20) is a series of hand-written lists by Anetta Mona Chisa and Lucia Tkacova. In this work they try to apply the 80:20 economical rule in various aspects of their life and art.

In their words:

"Life isn't fair. Most things in life are not distributed evenly. The majority of results come from a minority of inputs.
In 1906 Vilfred Pareto, an Italian sociologist and economist, noticed that 80% of Italy's wealth was owned by 20% of the population and the rest 80% of inhabitants shared the remaining 20% of resources. The Pareto principle (also known as the 80:20 rule) became an economical equation that reflects the uneven distribution of the global wealth. In 1937, Joseph M. Juran conceptualized the 80:20 principle and extended it to the rule of "the vital" few and the "trivial many", claiming that 80% of the effects comes from 20% of the causes. Its universal application makes it one of the most useful concepts and tools of modern-day management.

It can mean all of the following things:
20% of the input creates 80% of the outcome
20% of the workers produce 80% of the result
20% of the features cause 80% of the usage
20% of the faults cause 80% of the breakdowns"

We had a chance to take photos of this work in Vilnius '09 art exhibition. Enjoy!

colon - the trivial few (80:20)

understand art

trivial few1

trivial few2

trivial few3

trivial few4

trivial few5

trivial few6

trivial few7

trivial few8

trivial few9

trivial few10 - the trivial few (80:20)

trivial few11 - the trivial few (80:20)

trivial few12 - the trivial few (80:20)

trivial few13 - the trivial few (80:20)

trivial few14 - the trivial few (80:20)

trivial few15 - the trivial few (80:20)

trivial few16 - the trivial few (80:20)

trivial few17 - the trivial few (80:20)

trivial few18 - the trivial few (80:20)

trivial few19 - the trivial few (80:20)

trivial few20 - the trivial few (80:20)

  • Paul
  • July 20, 2009, 5:41 am
You might be interested


Reply Attach
  • 1


  • 1

    btw if everything is equally distributed it is called communism

    • Vans
    • December 15, 2010, 1:21 pm
    Yeh. Because Communist leaders live the same as those under them.
    - Albane December 16, 2010, 9:26 am
    well actually real communism is supposed to be like that
    that everyone is equal and gets the same money and all that stuff
    but seriously like that would work
    which doctor want to earn the same money as the guy who cut the grass?
    and which leader would just spend the money for the good of everyone
    that isnt real communism they have
    they let their people suffer so they can have what they want this is what I would call an asshole
    - Vans December 17, 2010, 2:22 am
Related Posts