Can i get help? i really need it...

recently I've been wanting to go to the UK to get away from my father. (note this is for me a few years down the road but i need to know now so i can make the right decisions now and not regret them later. I've looked up everything about living there forever but i just cant find out how i could do this. i have a friend whos willing to help me and he already lives there. i've heard there's marriage but theres no one i would know willing to have a fake wedding. Also im hopelessly confused on the job part. in fact im hopelesy confused about most of this i really need someone to explain it to me. i also want to get there a soon has i possibly by living there with in 2-3 years. can anyone tell me how? i would ask you dont give me links cause i will be hopelessly confused and that you give this a +3 not because i want points that mean nothing but i want people to see this so i can get more help

You might be interested


Reply Attach
  • 4

    You live in the US if I recall correctly. America's a pretty damn big country, why not move to somewhere far away once you're old enough? Would (probably) be less hassle.

    However, if you're set on the UK.
    If you haven't already, have a look here:
    If you wanna live in the UK permanently, it'd probably be more advisable to do it legally, through the proper system.
    Also as for jobs in the UK - most jobs are in high demand, you're gonna want to make sure you have good qualifications if you want to get a decent job, and some work experience probably wouldn't go amiss either.

    • jokin
    • August 28, 2012, 9:32 am
    i want a job even if it were at a fast food resrant i just would love to live there
    - castlewarsisawsome August 28, 2012, 7:12 pm
    Read my post below.

    And to be honest, if the UK is a nice country to VISIT, it is NOT a nice country to live in. Everything's too expensive, you can't find anywhere to live, there really are not many jobs (even in fast food restaurants) and the government is not making things easier. They'd rather donate millions of pounds to countries like India who don't actually need money, than put it towards sorting out the shit in this country.
    - SkinnyBill August 31, 2012, 4:54 am
    ^This. You want to come over here for a job, but not even British people can get jobs these days in this country. Move to California.
    - poopiteepoop August 31, 2012, 7:11 am
    getting a job is a nightmare, i'm struggling to get a saturday job in the local supermrket :/
    - Fail4424 August 31, 2012, 9:06 pm
    California? Where entire cities are declaring bankruptcy? Literally any other state would probably be better if you're looking for work than California.
    - casper667 September 1, 2012, 3:44 pm
    haha fair enough, I'm a bit in the dark about the state of affairs in the US these days, I just named California because its somewhere sunny, rather than rainy, grey England
    - poopiteepoop September 1, 2012, 10:19 pm
  • 3

    Stow yourself away on the bottom of a lorry or in a cargo ferry, it usually goes unnoticed.

  • 3

    to be honest, I wouldn't recommend it. You would probably need to convince immigration that you are here to work, and there's not exactly a plethora of jobs available.

    This may sound terribly racist, but it's unfortunately very true. You are from the USA, not anywhere in the Middle East or Eastern Europe. Good luck with that. If you were from those two places, you'd probably find yourself in a VERY expensive room/house paid for by the council or government, with all expenses paid. And you would have jumped to the front of a housing list people have been waiting on for 5+ years.

  • 3

    I would advise to just move a few states away. State citizenship is a lot easier to do than a new country and work is a lot easier to find.

  • 3

    Running from your problems doesn't make them disappear.

  • 2

    - Bekenel August 28, 2012, 9:03 am
    51. Kayak across the Pacific Ocean
    Entering Japan

    Only 3,879 miles

    Also look how great 'Merica is!!
    - chaosmaster August 29, 2012, 7:26 pm
  • 2

    If you want to move to the UK the traditional ways are via marriage, ancestry or work in UK.
    A UK marriage visa offers settled status with no time or work restrictions on your stay. Those in charge of UK immigration have changed this route recently as well meaning both parties must now be at least 21 before a marriage visa can be issued.
    Spouse visas are issued for a two-year period initially, after which the holder can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).
    The UK Ancestry visa is open to Commonwealth citizens with ancestral ties to the UK. There are no points-based skills assessment like other UK visa routes and upon a successful visa application the holder and heir family have immediate access to the employment market with no restrictions. The visa is granted for a five-year period after which applicants can apply for permanent residence.
    Applicants must have a grandparent born in the UK or the Republic of Ireland before March 1922 to be eligible.
    Tier 1 General visas and tier 2 Work Permits are other popular ways to move to the UK. For the tier 1 General you will need a minimum of a master's degree and be earning £20,000 minimum or for the tier 2 work permit applicants must have a job offer from a UK based company already in place.
    A tier 2 Intra-company transfer is a viable option to move to the UK. This work permit allows employers to bring in overseas workers to the UK to fill a specific role for an agreed amount of time. Find out further information on our Work in UK page.

  • 2

    I dont think you've thought this through bro, the UK isn't that great for everyone, if you move here without any friends or family with no idea to go it can be very hard. It's a very expensive place to live man, I'd recommend moving elsewhere in the US or maybe try Canada rather than moving over to the UK in such a drastic manner.

    OR try moving over here for university dude, so you live with other students and have classes with even more, that way you'll meet people quickly and you'll fit in very quickly. However that being said, it is very expensive going to university here as an international student
    - poopiteepoop August 29, 2012, 11:59 am
    its very expensive to go to a university as a national i can only imagine what it would cost to go to one internationally.
    - gwa2003 August 29, 2012, 1:48 pm
    not compared to the US unis man, now THEY'RE expensive. I do feel for the new £9000 fee though, I missed it by 2 years thank god
    - poopiteepoop August 29, 2012, 2:09 pm
    thats actually what i meant. i live here in the states. (shouldve worded that different lol)
    - gwa2003 September 1, 2012, 11:02 am
  • 1

    wait, 'i've heard there's marriage'?
    what on earth do you mean by that?

    Fake marriages to gain British Citizenship.
    - jokin August 28, 2012, 9:19 am
  • 1

    Come over here & explain that you fear for your life as a notorious criminal gang is after you & they will let you in!

  • 1

    They're changing the laws on the marriage policy. I don't believe being married to a UK resident will entitle you to gain a visa to enter the country after the change.

  • 1

    Want to get away from the parents, make money and see the world? Join the navy when u turn 18

    For once in my entire life, I agree with you on something. It doesn't even have to be the Navy. He could join the Army and still get to see the world.
    - XxDaminalsxX September 1, 2012, 10:29 pm
    I agree any of the armed forces is always a great way to make a fresh start. Also employers love it if you are ex military.
    Ps daminals all I ever ask is if you agree with me let me know, and if you disagree let me know. Cash out.
    - johnecash September 2, 2012, 2:55 pm
    They pay for your college, you're guaranteed a job, you make a good bit of money, and you get to see the world. So it's really a good decision, if you have nothing else working out.
    - XxDaminalsxX September 5, 2012, 7:25 pm
    Don't forget you also get some of the best toys money can buy, and best friends you will ever make. Don't forget the va benefits for buying a home later as well, including the 36,000 in entitlement money. Last but not least, women love a man in uniform... Just saying...
    - johnecash September 5, 2012, 7:52 pm
  • 1

    Join the french foreign legion, minimum of 5 year service and at the end of it they grant you french citizenship, and from there eventually you can get a french passport, and you will freely be able to live in the UK, on that EU passport.

    I just sorted your whole life out for you castlewars, just dont die in afghanistan or on some peacekeeping mission in congo and you'll be sorted.

Related Posts